Outstanding reputation since 1980
Established in 1980, Lorna Whiston has built a reputation over the past 37 years for high quality education and teaching excellence across Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong with our signature programmes: English Enrichment, Speech & Drama and Preschools. As a young teacher, Lorna taught in the UK before coming to Malaysia and Singapore to teach with the British Armed Forces. Later she taught at international schools in Singapore and became a School Principal in 1971. In 1980, she opened the first Lorna Whiston centre with the aim of improving the standard of English language among Singaporean students. Over the years, the demand for quality English language programmes has grown and so has our company developing further into Preschools and Speech & Drama programmes. With an unwavering commitment to excellence, we spare no expense to ensure that our students get the very best in terms of educational opportunities making a difference to the lives of thousands of children island-wide.
Transforming lives through learning
Lorna Whiston provides exceptional learning experiences for students. Our mission is to build upon our reputation, increase our market share and become the most relevant, respected, customer-centric and successful educational institution of its kind in the region.
- Collaboration - we are a supportive, positive and people-oriented team that works together to ensure the success of the whole group.
- Integrity - we conduct our business according to the highest standards of professional behaviour and ethics. We are honest, transparent and ethical in our interactions with all stakeholders.
- Learning-centred - learning is our raison-detre - it is central to everything we do. We learn from our mistakes and we do it better next time. We are committed to lifelong learning.
- Determination - we are driven by the determination to be the best we can possibly be. We love a challenge, and we go above and beyond the call of duty to reach our goals, because that is who we are.
- Forward-looking - we encourage our staff to think like innovators, and to look ahead to what we need to be doing next to stay ahead of the game. We never stand still.