Lorna Whiston Schools conducts classes for students ranging in age from 18 months to 16 years, with the broad aim of improving their English language skills.
‘Transforming lives through learning’ is the company’s vision, a far-reaching statement that captures the transformative and life-changing experiences that we aim for our students and our staff to experience.
Role & Responsibilities
To support the classroom teacher to provide a stimulating and interactive learning environment where learners’ needs will be met, and where learning and development will be fostered in a positive and motivating way.
- To be responsible for taking the students to the toilet
- To ensure all books are nicely covered before student borrowing
- To support the classroom teachers by photocopying lessons as delegated by the Senior Teacher or Head Teacher
- To assist classroom teachers to change students soiled / dirtied clothes
- To take temperatures of students
- To ensure a smooth dismissal process
- To supervise students who have not been collected after their class
- To maintain, sort, tidy and clean equipment at least once a week
- To be in centre at least 10 minutes prior to the opening of classes
Planning, Facilitating and Classroom Management
- To support the classroom teacher to deliver the Lorna Whiston curriculum with care and enthusiasm
- To work closely with students who are assigned by the classroom teacher during differentiated activities
- To prepare relevant teaching resources for the classroom teacher, Senior Teacher or Head Teacher
- To create a stimulating, tidy and interactive environment for students’ learning.
- To enforce the routines set by the classroom teacher and adhere to the classroom management procedures that the classroom teacher uses
- To ensure the safety of the students at all times.
- To support the classroom teacher to ensure a high standard of hygiene of all students in the class
Activities to support the Lorna Whiston Brand
- To be an ambassador for LWS and connect with parents on a regular basis.
- To build a strong and positive rapport with students and parents that encourages customer confidence
- To establish effective and professional working relationships with the classroom teacher and set a good example through personal presentation and professional conduct.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possess positive energy, enthusiasm and patience
- Passion for working with young learners
- Ability to nurture and engage learners, and build their self esteem
- Strong spoken English
Supply Teacher Role Information
- Reports to: Senior Teacher