The data protection provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act came into effect on 2 July 2014. We take this opportunity to share with you a summary of the Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) of Lorna Whiston Schools Pte. Ltd. (”LWS”), Company Registration No. 198700102Z.
Personal Data in this Policy includes any data about an individual who can be identified from that data such as the individual’s name, NRIC, Birth Certificate, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address and any other information relating to individuals, which you have provided to us.
With effect from 2 July 2014, this Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with LWS and should be read in conjunction with those Terms and Conditions. This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to LWS in respect of your Personal Data, and your consent herein are additional to any rights which LWS may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
LWS collects, uses and discloses Personal Data in order to provide you with an effective, efficient, safe and customised experience. By continuing to use LWS’s services and products and/or by submitting Personal Data to LWS through the various channels of collection of Personal Data (listed in Clause 1) by LWS, you have agreed to have read, understood and be bound by this Policy and any other amendments to this Policy as may from time to time occur.
The provision of Personal Data is obligatory in order for LWS to provide you with the services and products of LWS.
- Collection of Personal Data
LWS collects Personal Data through the following channels:
- When you step into any Lorna Whiston School or centre
- When you sign our guest book
- When you provide Personal Data, either face-to-face with LWS’s employees, or on paper, or via email, or via our website, or over the telephone, or through a third party, or by any other means
- When you leave Personal Data for us to contact you
- When you leave Personal Data in response to any of our marketing initiatives and promotions, and any events organised by LWS
- When a third party provides us with your Personal Data
- Purposes for the Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Data
- LWS collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes in connection with the products and service which you have applied for (collectively “Purposes”), to the extent applicable:
- responding to and handling of your queries and requests;
- processing your application for any of the products or services offered by us;
- providing the products and services applied for by you;
- facilitating, administering, managing and / or maintaining your relationship with us;
- handling complaints and customer feedback;
- contacting you for service, product or customer satisfaction surveys and market research;
- monitoring or recording phone calls or other customer interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- generating financial, regulatory, management or other related reports and performance of analytics;
- safety, security, regulatory bodies and legal compliance;
- legal purposes;
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud;
- organising educational, promotional and marketing events in relation to products and services offered by LWS;
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- Your Personal Data held by LWS shall be kept confidential. However, in order to carry out the Purposes, LWS may share your Personal Data with our related corporations and third parties (including but not limited to vendors providing operational services including those relating to consultancy, computer software, technology systems, data and website hosting, audit, finance and accounting, billing, training, testing, examination bodies and their agents (where relevant), business continuity, records retention and print management).
- LWS shall use its best endeavours to ensure that its employees, officers, agents, consultants, contractors and such other third parties mentioned above shall observe and adhere to the terms of this Policy.
- By providing Personal Data relating to a third party (including but not limited to your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been obtained for the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data for the Purposes.
By providing the Personal Data of you and/or your child referred to in Clause 1, you shall deemed to have given consent on behalf of yourself and/or your child respectively, to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data for the Purposes. You may withdraw your consent given for any or all Purposes by giving us notice in writing. If you withdraw your consent to any or all Purposes and depending on the request, LWS may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you. Your withdrawal may be considered a termination by you of any contractual relationship which you may have with us and may, in certain circumstances, be a breach of your contractual obligations, and our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
LWS will, unless in exceptional circumstances, upon your written request to our Administrator, allow you to view your stored Personal Data. An administrative fee will be charged for this.
LWS will retain your Personal Data to the extent one or more of the Purposes for which it was collected remains valid, for other legal or business purposes for which retention may be necessary and where required by the law.
- Transfer Of Information Overseas
Personal Data may be transmitted to data storage facilities where LWS keeps its database. These data storage facilities may be in Singapore or overseas. LWS will take appropriate steps to ascertain that the foreign organisation receiving the personal data is bound by legally enforceable obligations that are in line with the requirements under the PDPA.
As Personal Data is provided by you, we require your assistance to ensure that this is current, complete and accurate. Please inform us in writing of any changes to Personal Data.
LWS takes the security and protection of Personal Data very seriously. LWS shall use its best endeavours to make reasonable security arrangements to protect Personal Data against loss or theft, unauthorized access and undue disclosure.
- Update of Policy
LWS will amend this Policy from time to time and the updated version will be posted on our website. The English version of this Policy will prevail in the event of any inconsistencies between the English version and a translated version.
Please do not hesitate to email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
if: (i) you have any queries or feedback regarding the policy, (ii) you would like to be provided with your or your child's personal data that is in our possession or control, (iii) you would like to withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your or your child's personal data, (iv) you would like to enquire on the ways in which your or your child's personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within one year prior to the date of the enquiry, or (v) you would like to correct an error or omission in your or your child's personal data.